Names of Insurance Carriers and Their Elective-Abortion Coverage:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming (12): No plans cover elective abortion (2021 plan documents)
- *Mountain Health CO-OP (4): No plans cover elective abortion (2021 plan documents)
Summary: There are 16 individual plans offered by 2 insurance carriers for 2021 on the Wyoming exchange. In 2021, Mountain Health CO-OP joined the exchange.
In 2021, 100% of Individual and Family plans on the Wyoming exchange exclude elective abortion from coverage.
In 2019 and 2020, 100% of Individual and Family plans on the Wyoming exchange excluded elective abortion from coverage.
While none of the plans in Wyoming cover elective abortion, please bear in mind that taxpayers in your state are still paying federal taxes that are used to pay for coverage that includes elective abortion in other states.
Exchange is part of the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (F) or State-Run (S): F
State Exchange Elective Abortion Opt-Out: No
Number of 2021 Insurance Carriers: 2
- Total Number of Plans: 16
- Number of Plans that Cover Elective Abortion: 0
- Number of Plans that Do Not Cover Elective Abortion: 16
- Number of Plans with Unknown Coverage: 0
Red= Covers elective abortion
Orange= Some plans cover elective abortion/Unknown
Green= Does not cover elective abortion
*Bold denotes that this Insurance Carrier is new to the 2021 Marketplace
General news regarding abortion coverage in Obamacare can be found here.
Healthinsurance.org: Wyoming health insurance marketplace: history and news of the state’s exchange (November 5, 2020)
Insurance News Net: Sen. Barrasso Issues Statement on Flexibility to Offer Affordable Health Insurance Options (October 31, 2019)