Names of Insurance Carriers and Their Elective-Abortion Coverage:
- Celtic Insurance Company (7): No plans cover elective abortion (2020 plan documents).
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of NE (9): No plans cover elective abortion (2020 plan documents).
- Matthew Thornton Health Plan (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield) (10): All plans cover elective abortion (2020 plan documents).
There are 26 individual plans being offered by 3 insurance carriers for 2020 on the New Hampshire exchange. Previously, all plans carried by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care covered elective abortion in 2019, but presently, not only has the carrier increased the number of plans, but now, all plans exclude abortion on demand. Unfortunately, healthcare plans from Matthew Thornton Health Plan (Anthem BCBS) continue covering elective abortion in 2020.
In 2019, there were 17 Individual plans offered by 3 insurance carriers on the New Hampshire exchange.
In 2018 there were 15 Individual plans offered by 3 insurance carriers on the New Hampshire exchange. Since 2017, one carrier, Minuteman Health, left the New Hampshire exchange.
In 2020, 38% of the plans on the New Hampshire exchange cover elective abortion.
In 2019, 82% of plans covered elective abortion.
In 2018, 86% of plans covered elective abortion.
In 2017, 85% of plans covered elective abortion.
In 2016, 91% of plans covered elective abortion.
Exchange is part of the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (F) or State-Run (S): F
State Exchange Elective Abortion Opt-Out: No
Number of 2020 Insurance Carriers: 3
- Total Number of Plans: 26
- Number of Plans that Cover Elective Abortion: 10
- Number of Plans that Do Not Cover Elective Abortion: 16
- Number of Plans with Unknown Coverage: 0
Red= Covers elective abortion
Orange= Some plans cover elective abortion/Unknown
Green= Does not cover elective abortion
*Bold denotes that this Insurance Carrier is new to the 2020 Marketplace
NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
General news regarding abortion coverage in Obamacare can be found here.
Union Leader: Need health insurance? Don't wait, federal enrollment runs until Dec. 15 (Oct. 31, 2019)
Healthinsurance.org: Grandmothered plans can exist only until the end of 2020 in New Hampshire (regardless of future federal extensions) (April 19, 2019)